Early Links is delighted to offer the Sounds Write Training Course from 4th to 7th October 2022. This course will be face-to-face at the Bank Hotel in East Maitland and is open to speech pathologists, teachers, teaching assistants, educational psychologists and parents.
Sounds Write Training Course
The Sounds-Write training course offers four days of intensive training in phonics teaching to teachers, teaching assistants, educational psychologists, parents and speech therapists. Each course offers:
- a theoretical overview of the programme, which is soundly based on the principles underlying how children learn most effectively and explains why many of the approaches, current and past, to the teaching of reading, spelling and writing fail such a large number of our pupils
- a discussion of assessment for the purpose of informing our teaching practices and enabling teaching practitioners to accurately gauge where to start pupils in the programme for intervention purposes
- all the main lessons in our programme, with supervised practice on each one
- an introduction to teaching through errors, with practical workshops, lesson planning and reading in text
- videos of the programme being taught to a whole class, small groups and individually
- a discussion of the most popular reading schemes and how the Sounds-Write teaching approach can be used to enable children to read them successfully
- a guided assignment at the end of the course to help participants reflect on, organise and consolidate what has been covered in the course
Accredited Sounds-Write Trainer
This course will be facilitated by James Lyra – Accredited Sounds-Write Trainer.
Find out more
You can find full details of the course at https://sounds-write.co.uk/
Book your space
Register for the course today to secure your spot.
Cancellations made 7 days, or more in advance of the event date and in writing will receive a 100% refund. For cancellations made less than 7 days in advance of the event date, a cancellation fee will apply.
We look forward to welcoming you.