About Early Links
Are you passionate about inclusion and helping others?
Join our team and find the rewarding career and supportive culture you’ve always wanted.
Early Links is a disability support provider and registered charity that has supported the Hunter region for almost 40 years. Our can-do approach has led to a rapidly expanding team and range of services. This growth shows no sign of slowing, making this an exciting time to come on board.
Once you’re part of Early Links, you’ll tell your friends to join too.
About the role
We will be a great fit for you if you are after:
- The opportunity to lead a team
- A flexible work culture
- A competitive pay rate
- 7.5 hour work day
- Not-for-profit salary packaging options
- A paid lunch break
About the Role
Due to rapid growth, we are looking for an experienced Management Accountant to join our finance team in our Maitland Office.
This role is newly created and will be Permanent Full Time.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the finance team with day-to-day processes of finance and claims in line with the direction set by the relevant manager
- Engaging with staff and clients to answer enquiries in a timely manner and overall meet the needs of the business
- Preparation of accurate and timely monthly financial reporting
- Preparation of forecasts and budgets
- Analysing current and past financial data
- Monthly P&L reports to department managers
- Provide financial support to the business on various improvement projects and adhoc business improvements
- Assist the finance manager to make key recommendations to the business
- Ensure account reconciliations are performed on a monthly basis
- Analysing trends and financial performance across business units
- Engage with the finance team and broader business to ensure effective delivery of financial outcomes
- Taking part in systems and process improvement initiatives
- Ensure our record keeping is compliant and meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies
- Assist with half yearly and yearly audits
- Liaising with Senior Management and key stakeholders
- Providing support and integrity checks
- Manage and coordinate the financial functions including processing NDIS claims, accounts receivable and payable
- Problem solving issues
- Monthly reporting and KPI’s
- Answering clients/ external providers queries efficiently
- Tracking plan end dates and coordinating transition to the new plan period
- Developing service agreements and making service bookings
The successful applicant will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in commerce or finance paired with relevant experience in the field
- Demonstrated management accounting experience
- Advanced excel skills
- The ability to liaise with a variety of stakeholders
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills
- An ability to prioritise and manage expectations
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to analyse data and to suggest remediation strategies where needed
- Passion for helping others
Please note that this position will require you to hold or obtain a current, valid Working with Children Check, NDIS Worker Screening Check, Current First Aid Certificate (Including CPR) and Drivers Licence.
In your application, please also address the following questions:
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- Do you have experience completing ad hoc and month end reporting?
- How many years of managerial accounting experience do you have?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
- How many years’ experience do you have as a management accountant?
- Which of the following accounting packages are you experienced with?
Ready to apply?
Just click apply and follow the instructions to submit your application. We can’t wait to hear from you!
If you have any questions, please contact our People & Culture Team on 02 4934 3773 or at email@example.com