We are seeking an experienced Music Therapist who is passionate about using their therapeutic skillset to support our clients. New grads are encouraged to apply!
- Full-time (75 hours per fortnight)
- $88,000 to $101,000 per annum + salary packaging + 10.5% superannuation
- Flexible working environment to balance work and home life
- Willing to explore part-time arrangements for the right applicant
About Early Links
Early Links is a not-for-profit organisation that offers early intervention and support services for people with disabilities of all ages in the Hunter region. We are committed to encouraging inclusiveness and independence for our clients, and we value our staff and the incredible role they play in the lives of others every day.
About the role
The Music Therapist uses their music abilities and therapeutic skills to provide interventions to assist clients in achieving their goals. The Music Therapists purpose is to plan and facilitate music therapy activities using a range of techniques to positively influence clients. The Music Therapist reports to the Senior Leader and is part of a transdisciplinary team providing collaborative support services.
This role will be responsible for:
- Planning and delivering individual and/or group therapy tailored to specific needs of the client
- Planning, collaborating with other allied health professionals and facilitating group programs with children and their families/carers using a range of music therapy techniques and methods
- Collaborating as a member of the transdisciplinary early intervention team, attending team collaborative consults, goals and plans to promote wellbeing that is client and family-centred
- Liaise with clients, families, and carers, providing therapeutic guidance and support
- Monitor and reach billable targets
- Contribute to reporting needs including NDIS reports
- Relevant qualification in Music Therapy
- Registration with the Australian Music Therapy Association (AMTA)
- Demonstrated experience and proven knowledge of Music Therapy practices
- Proficient with playing guitar and/or piano, and confident in using improvisation
- Confident singing abilities
- Display strong verbal and written communication skills
- Valid New South Wales Drivers Licence
- Current Working with Children Check (Employee)
- NDIS Worker Screening Check
- Current First Aid Certificate (including CPR)
- Right to work in Australia
What we offer
People are at the heart of what we do, and you’ll find highly committed, professional and supportive people who share our commitment to making a difference in our community.
Early Links is a values-driven organisation. We are looking for someone who is comfortable working in a way that reflects our values, who builds respectful relationships and who delivers a great client experience.
At Early Links, each member of our team is valued, we strive to support people to grow both personally and professionally. We offer generous conditions and flexible working hours to support employees to balance their personal and work life.
- Above award pay
- Paid 30-minute lunch break
- Collaboration within a transdisciplinary team – learning from other professions
- Regular structured clinical supervision and peer mentoring
If this role sounds like you, and you want to be part of an organisation who really values you, apply now!
How to apply
When applying, please ensure you include a cover letter, resume and address the key selection criteria as part of your application. Attachments can be received in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .txt or .rtf formats.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo pre-employment checks which include satisfactorily meeting the mandatory requirements.
If you have any questions or require adjustments to the recruitment and selection process, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with the People and Culture team on (02) 4934 3773 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re committed to respond to every applicant. All applicants will be advised if they have progressed to short listing. Applications will be closed once the recruitment process has been finalised. While we’re reviewing your application, get to know us by exploring our website and engaging with us on social media.
Early Links is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and actively seeks to remove barriers people may face in gaining a successful position with us. We value diversity, inclusion and equity through providing a working environment where all employees feel included, valued, and free to bring their different skills, experiences and perspectives.
Recruitment agencies, thanks for thinking of us, but we’ve got this.