We are seeking individuals who have a passion for creating a positive difference for clients and families within the community
- Be part of a supportive, collaborative team in a values-based organisation
- Support and empower your clients to achieve their goals
About Early Links
Early Links is a not-for-profit organisation that offers early intervention and support services for people with disabilities of all ages in the Hunter region. We are committed to encouraging inclusiveness and independence for our clients, and we value our staff and the incredible role they play in the lives of others every day.
About the role
Reporting to the DSW Coordinator, the Support Worker plays a critical role in the support of families and clients with developmental delays, risk of developing developmental delays or who have disabilities. This role focuses on supporting the work of Allied Health Professionals and teachers within social, educational, and home environments. Our Support Workers work closely with clients to maintain and implement goals and objectives set out by professionals and teachers.
This role will be responsible for:
- Supporting families and clients with community access activities and assisting with daily living functions within the home and community environments
- Providing physical and social support to both clients and their families
- Implementing and facilitating therapy programs designed by our Allied Health Professionals
- Work closely our Allied Health Professionals to support clients with developmental delays, at risk of developing a developmental delay, or who have a disability
- Organising and delivering play-based activities
- Create a positive environment to encourage clients and families to life skills and build positive relationships
- Monitoring and documenting information from supports for Allied Health Professional assessments
- Experience in working with clients and families who have complex needs
- An interest in client’s development
- Demonstrated experience and proven knowledge of the NDIS and Not-For-Profit sector
- Ability to work independently as a member of a multi-disciplinary team
- Display strong verbal and written communication skills
- Valid New South Wales Drivers Licence
- Current Working with Children Check (Employee)
- NDIS Worker Screening Check
- Current First Aid Certificate (including CPR)
- COVID-19 vaccination certificate or ATAGI medical exemption certificate (available via your myGov account)
- Right to work in Australia
What we offer
People are at the heart of what we do, and you’ll find highly committed, professional and supportive people who share our commitment to making a difference in our community.
Early Links is a values-driven organisation. We are looking for someone who is comfortable working in a way that reflects our values, who builds respectful relationships and who delivers a great client experience.
At Early Links, each member of our team is valued, we strive to support people to grow both personally and professionally. We offer generous conditions and flexible working hours to support employees to balance their personal and work life.
- Family-friendly, flexible work hours
- Collaboration within a transdisciplinary team
- Free 24/7 wellbeing and safety support via Sonder
- Employee Assistance Program, a free and confidential counselling service
- Immediate start available
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you kickstart a career in support work and being a vital part of our amazing community and organisation, apply now!
How to apply
When applying, please ensure you include a cover letter, resume and address the key selection criteria as part of your application. Attachments can be received in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .txt or .rtf formats.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo pre-employment checks which include satisfactorily meeting the mandatory requirements.
If you have any questions or require adjustments to the recruitment and selection process, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with the People and Culture team on (02) 4934 3773 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re committed to respond to every applicant. All applicants will be advised if they have progressed to short listing. Applications will be closed once the recruitment process has been finalised. While we’re reviewing your application, get to know us by exploring our website and engaging with us on social media.
Early Links is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and actively seeks to remove barriers people may face in gaining a successful position with us. We value diversity, inclusion and equity through providing a working environment where all employees feel included, valued, and free to bring their different skills, experiences and perspectives.
Recruitment agencies, thanks for thinking of us, but we’ve got this.